Master Online Course Recognition Award
2021 Annual Master Online Course Recognition Award for Excellence in Online Course Design and Pedagogy
Call for Departmental Nominations for Spring, Summer and Fall 2021 Courses
In recognition of outstanding online course design and teaching at Missouri State University, Missouri State Online is sponsoring the 2021 Master Online Course Recognition Award! Our overall MOCRA winner will receive a $400 VISA gift card and category winners will receive $200 gift cards. We will recognize all award winners at the faculty awards ceremony in spring 2022.
- Nominations must be received through the online submission form by 5 p.m. on March 24, 2022.
- Spring, summer and fall 2021 online courses can be submitted for consideration.
Courses may be nominated by faculty, students, and administrators. Faculty may nominate their own course, or courses of their peers. You may nominate multiple individuals for the award. Upon nomination, faculty will be asked to approve the review of their course by the Outreach award committee. We will not require any supplementary submission of materials.
Qualifications for Nomination:
- Nominee must be a full-time faculty or per course member at Missouri State University or West Plains for more than one year.
- Nominee must have taught the online course in the spring, summer or fall of 2021.
- This year's overall winner will not be eligible to participate next year and will be expected to participate on the MOCRA course review committee for next year.
Criteria for Selection:
Each year, the selection panel chooses one MOCRA winner whose course demonstrates exceptionalism and innovation across all categories, and faculty may also be recognized for individual categories. Upon nomination, faculty will be asked to approve the review of their course by the Outreach award committee. We will not require any supplementary submission of materials.
- Course Technology and Tools
- Design and Layout
- Content and Activities
- Assessment and Feedback
If you have questions about the Master Online Course Recognition Award program, contact Dee Armstrong at 417-836-6058.