Please note: online per head stipend payments for online courses are discontinued as of Summer 2020.
Are you eligible?
You may apply for a $800 per credit hour stipend to develop a new course not previously offered online.
To qualify, the course must contribute to an online degree program or certificate, or increase access for students requiring a nontraditional format (including general education courses). It is recommended that you use an instructional designer through Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning (FCTL) for course development.
Are you a per course faculty member?
Per Course Faculty submitting an online course development stipend application are required to report time dedicated to the development of their course. Part-time employees have their hours tracked for Affordable Care Act compliance. Teaching time is tracked on a per credit hour taught basis; when a per course instructor works on curriculum development, they must report the hours worked on curriculum development. The department needs to submit a PAF to human resources in order to setup time tracking for this course development. This PAF is only for tracking purposes.
To apply for the online course development stipend:
- Complete the Online Course Development Stipend Application (PDF)* and submit to your department head and dean for appropriate signatures. Due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we are accepting approval via email.
- Submit a copy of the signed stipend application form to MSOnline@MissouriState.edu.
- Your application will be reviewed by the director of distance education and Outreach associate provost. You will receive an approval or denial email from Missouri State Online.
- If approved, you will need to contact the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning (FCTL) instructional designers. They will assist you in planning your course development.
- Once your course is fully developed, the designer will review the course using the Online Learning Consortium Quality Scorecard (OLC-QS) and issue a Certificate of Course Review document. Email this document to MSOnline@MissouriState.edu.
- Once MS Online receives the document, the stipend funds will be transferred to your departmental budget. MS Online will notify your dean, department head, administrative assistant and college budget officer when the fund transfer is complete.
Development stipend funds are transferred to departmental budgets periodically in February, April, September and November. PAFs to individual faculty members are written by the departments based on their guidelines for payments.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.