This opportunity is open to all persons teaching at Missouri State University who are interested in innovation and excellence in distance delivery.
- Encourages continued professional development in distance education.
- Provides recognition of continued growth in distance education.
- Fosters instructional innovation.
Professional development activities counting toward the Certified Distance Educator Award must be completed within the calendar year (January 1 to December 31). The CDE Award application form, with documentation of three professional development activities, must be submitted by the end of day on April 1 of the following year. Please read the application form and follow these steps to submit your request for the CDE Award:
- Complete three (3) documented professional development activities related to distance education.
- Fill out the application form as instructed.
Attach copies of certificates, badges, CEUs, or equivalent documentation and email completed application form to MSOnline@MissouriState.edu.
Professional development activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Blackboard blackbelt courses
- Digital Professor Academy (DPA) modules
- Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning (FCTL) workshops
- Computer services workshops
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Experiential activities (service learning, client-based projects, etc.)
Any of the above activities should relate in some way to distance education. Activities from Missouri State as well as other universities or organizations are all acceptable.
You may complete the award application each calendar year by following the above process. Three new professional development activities must be completed each year to maintain status.
This project has been developed and sponsored by the Distance Education Committee. The Distance Education Committee is charged with reviewing, creating, and recommending direction and policy for distance modalities.