2018 Annual Master Online Course Recognition Award for Excellence in Online Course Design and Pedagogy
Call for Departmental Nominations for Spring, Summer and Fall 2018 Courses
In recognition of outstanding online course design and teaching at Missouri State University, Missouri State Online is sponsoring the 2018 Master Online Course Recognition Award! The awardee will be recognized and receive a prize during a campus event in the spring of 2019.
- Nominations must be received through the online submission form by 5 p.m. on March 25, 2019.
- Spring, summer and fall 2018 online courses can be submitted for consideration.
Courses may be nominated by faculty, students, and administrators. Faculty may nominate their own course, or courses of their peers. You may nominate multiple individuals for the award. New courses developed in 2018 may also be nominated by FCTL instructional designers. Faculty will be asked to submit a short application to be considered by the award selection panel.
Qualifications for Nomination:
- Nominee must be a full-time faculty or per course member at Missouri State University or West Plains for more than one year.
- Nominee must have taught the online course in the spring, summer or fall of 2018.
Criteria for Selection:
Each year, the selection panel chooses one MOCRA winner whose course demonstrates exceptionalism across all categories, and faculty may also be recognized for individual categories. Upon nomination, faculty will be asked to submit a short award application detailing their experience with the categories below.
- Course Technology and Tools
- Design and Layout
- Content and Activities
- Assessment and Feedback