The following is a transfer degree plan for a bachelor's degree in elementary education. Complete your first two years at Ozarks Technical Community College before transferring to Missouri State University.
Ozarks Technical Community College
- Pursue an Associate of Arts in Teaching while at OTC. With the Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, you will have met MSU's general education requirements.
- Select your courses with the assistance of your advisor and meet with a MSU transfer advisor early in your college career to determine other appropriate course work for your academic goals.
Missouri State University
- Take 300- and 400-level Missouri State courses needed to work toward this four-year degree upon completion of your Associate of Arts in Teaching degree or equivalent coursework.
- Complete this degree and be certified to teach grades 1-6.
- Start this program in the summer. This program operates on a cohort model.
Admission into the Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education program requires you fulfill all prerequisites.
Course availability and prerequisites are subject to change. Check out the course rotations and consult with your advisor before scheduling your classes.
Summer - Year 1
|LTC 318 Foundations of Literacy Instruction||3|
Fall - Year 1
|ELE 410 Teaching and Learning in the Elementary Classroom||3|
|GRY 240 Earth Science for Teachers||4|
|MTH 320 Foundations of Mathematics for Teachers||3|
|LTC 420 Methods of Assessing and Personalizing Reading and Writing||3|
|LTC 421 Practicum-Methods of Assessing and Personalizing Reading and Writing||2|
Spring - Year 1
|ELE 425 Methods of Teaching Communication Arts in Elementary Schools||3|
|ELE 429 Methods of Teaching of Mathematics in Elementary Schools||3|
|ELE 434 Methods of Teaching Science in Elementary Schools||3|
|ELE 438 Methods of Teaching Social Studies in Elementary Schools||3|
|MTH 360 Foundations of Geometry for Teachers||3|
Fall - Year 2
|EDT 520 Technologies in a Contemporary School Setting||1|
|ELE 500 Current Issues and Applications in Elementary Education||3-5|
|ELE 501 Home/School/Community Relationships with Elementary Children and their Families||2|
|ELE 510 The Reflective Practitioner||3|
|ELE 530 Teaching English Language Learners in the Elementary Classroom||2|
|SPE 310 Introduction to Special Education||3|
Elementary Education Liaison, Central Region