Apply & pay fee
Request transcripts from each institution where you have earned college credit. If you have less than 24 college credit hours to transfer, request a copy of your high school transcript. All transcripts are to be sent to the Office of Admissions at:
Office of Admissions
Missouri State University
901 South National Avenue
Springfield, MO 65897
(ACT or SAT test scores are not required for admission for students who are age 22 or older.
Nondegree-seeking students do not need to submit transcripts to be admitted.
Complete placement testing
- Students without prior college credit in English composition or mathematics may be automatically placed into beginning levels of those subjects (MTH 101or ENG 100) without being required to take placement tests. However, if a student believes he/she is capable of doing more advanced work, a placement test must be administered to determine the starting level in each subject. Take your placement test at your convenience! Call 417-836-6929 or toll-free: (800) 492-7900.
Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Apply for scholarships
- Return to Learn Scholarship (Adult Students Only) application is PDF download
Set up your BearPass ID
- Instructions for setting up your BearPass
Complete transfer orientation
- Complete your transfer orientation online.
Meet with your advisor
- Declared Majors: Contact your academic departments
- Undeclared Majors: Contact the Academic Advisement Center
- Undeclared Majors (Adult Students): Contact the Office of Adult Student Services
Register for Classes
Register according to the University's registration sequence
Reserve your books
- Reserve your books at the Missouri State bookstore.
Get your BearPass Card
- Instructions for getting your BearPass Card