Online Course Development Stipend
Online courses requesting the Provost-funded development stipend must be initiated through a proposal approval process. Courses approved for the development stipend must fit one of two criteria:
- Contributes to a comprehensive online degree or certificate.
- Contributes to a mixed modality degree completion program or certificate designed to enhance accessibility requiring a nontraditional format.
“Comprehensive” is defined as 100% delivery online for a degree or certificate program. A course proposed for delivery online must be part of a departmental-approved and intentional plan designed to become a 100% distance-delivered degree.
Please complete the Online Course Development Stipend Application Form and submit along with a one-page justification. The justification must explain how the course contributes to a comprehensive online degree program, online certificate, or how the online course contributes to a degree plan delivered through different modalities. Also provide a list of all courses in this degree plan.
Missouri State Online requires all faculty approved for the development stipend to fulfill the following:
- Participation in a Digital Professor Academy (DPA) orientation meeting, or a meeting with the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning.
- 16 weeks of course content completed prior to peer review (8 weeks for 1st block, 2nd block and summer).
- Participate in course peer review at the end of the development semester.
- It is important that faculty developing online courses for the stipend complete their peer review during the semester they are scheduled to participate in the DPA. Failure to complete the peer review during the semester approved for development may result in the forfeiture of the stipend.
- Receive final approval for stipend payment from MS Online Director.
Steps for developing a new course and Course Development Guidelines can be found on the FCTL’s website.
We are now accepting stipend applications for Fall 2013 development or beyond.