Finding Financial Support for Your Education
Each year, the College of Education (COE) awards approximately 60 scholarships to current undergraduate and graduate students pursuing education and child and family development related degrees. While many of these scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic standing, others are determined in part by financial need, community service, leadership, major and membership in student organizations. All students must complete the FAFSA and the General and Departmental Scholarship Application to be eligible for all applicable awards.
Successful alumni, present and former faculty, and professional organizations have established scholarships, as have businesses that recruit regularly on the Missouri State campus. The generosity of these groups and individuals provides opportunities for many students in the reading, foundations and technology department.
We strongly encourage you to apply for these scholarships. Please note, when you complete the scholarship application you will be considered for EVERY scholarship for which you are eligible.
For a full listing of all available scholarships visit the College of Education scholarship page.
- TEACH Grant
- Federal Pell Grant- Free federal grant for eligible undergraduates with financial need.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - Free federal grant for undergraduates with exceptional financial need.
- Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant- Free federal grant for eligible students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families.
- State Programs- Grants administered by the state of Missouri for eligible undergraduates with financial need.
- Federal Work Study - Part-time job opportunities for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. Missouri State Student Employment Services assists students with work study.
Financial Aid Loans
- Types of Loans- Broad range of loans offered for Missouri State students from a variety of sources.
- Private Lender List Policy - Policy and procedure regarding construction of the Office of Student Financial Aid's Partial Lender Listing.
- How to apply - Information on the loan application process and related links.
- Forms - Making changes to your Stafford Loan.
- Resources - Useful links to lender calculators and contact numbers.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Loan information for Continuing Students
Graduate assistantships are available in many areas to assist students with expenses and to enhance learning while studying for advanced degrees at Missouri State University. Graduate assistantships are offered in both administrative and academic areas and involve administrative, research and/or teaching responsibilities. Whenever feasible, the assistantship assignment is closely related to the student's program of study.