This self-assessment allows you to examine the core concepts of online learning with relation to your learning style.
Online Learning Self-Assessment
Answer the following questions with Yes or No.
- I have prior experience with online classes.
- I am able to keep track of assignment deadlines and meet them.
- I am willing to complete weekly assignments in lieu of attending a class meeting.
- I have sufficient time and commitment to devote for the duration of the course.
- I am willing to plan ahead to get online weekly assignments done.
- I am generally able to understand written instructions and willing to ask for clarification if needed.
- I can successfully take timed computer based tests.
- I do not need to be in a traditional classroom in order to learn.
- I understand that online classes require the same amount of work or more than face-to-face.
- I like responding to questions online and contributing to online discussions.
- I like time to reflect and compose my responses during class discussions.
- I am comfortable and competent interacting, and can communicate with the instructor and fellow classmates via email, discussion groups, and/or video conference tools.
- I have access to adequate computer resources and high speed internet.
- I take the initiative in seeking help when technology problems arise.
- I am comfortable addressing technology issues and learning challenges at a distance.
- I am at ease learning new computer software, technologies and techniques.
If you answered “No” to any of the above questions, be aware that you may need to work to improve in that specific area in order to succeed in online courses. Your instructor can help and there are a variety of university resources designed to support you.
Contact MSOnline@MissouriState.edu if you have questions regarding this self-assessment.