The following is a transfer degree plan for a bachelor's degree in elementary education. Complete your first two years at State Fair Community College before transferring to Missouri State University in Camdenton.
State Fair Community College
- Pursue an Associate of Arts in Teaching while at SFCC. With the Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, you will have met MSU's general education requirements.
- View all elementary education program focus options. (You need Adobe Reader to view and print this document).
- Select your courses with the assistance of your advisor and meet with a MSU transfer advisor early in your college career to determine other appropriate course work for your academic goals.
Missouri State University
- Take 300- and 400-level Missouri State courses needed to work toward this four-year degree upon completion of your Associate of Arts in Teaching degree or equivalent coursework.
- Complete this degree and be certified to teach grades 1-6 in any subject. Included middle school emphasis-area courses will also help prepare students who may want to seek middle school certification at a later time.
- Start this program in the fall. This program operates on a cohort model.
Admission into the Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education program requires you fulfill all prerequisites.
Course availability and prerequisites are subject to change. Check out the course rotations and consult with your advisor before scheduling your classes.
The following degree plan is based on the 2017-18 catalog and Missouri State general education requirements.
Fall Year 1
|EDC 345 Introduction to Multicultural Education and Diversity||3|
|GRY 240 Earth Science for Teachers||4|
|MTH 320 Foundations of Mathematics for Teachers||3|
|RDG 318 Foundations of Literacy Instruction||3|
|SPE 310 Introduction to Special Education||3|
Spring Year 1
|MID 400 Philosophy, Curriculum, and Organization of Middle School Education||3|
|ELE 410 Teaching and Learning in the Elementary Classroom||3|
|MTH 360 Foundations of Geometry for Teachers||3|
|RDG 420 Methods of Assessing and Personalizing Reading and Writing||3|
|RDG 421 Practicum-Methods of Assessing and Personalizing Reading and Writing||2|
Fall Year 2
|ELE 429 Methods of Teaching of Mathematics in Elementary Schools||3|
|ELE 434 Methods of Teaching Science in Elementary Schools||3|
|ELE 438 Methods of Teaching Social Studies in Elementary Schools||3|
|MID 439 Middle School Instructional Strategies||3|
|ELE 425 Methods of Teaching Communication Arts in Elementary Schools||2|
Spring Year 2
|ELE 500 Current Issues and Applications in Elementary Education||3-5|
|ELE 510 The Reflective Practitioner||3|
|ELE 501 Home/School/Community Relationships with Elementary Children and their Families||2|
|RDG 474 Reading and Writing in the Content Fields||3|
|ELE 530 Teaching English Language Learners in the Elementary Classroom||2|
|EDT 520 Technologies in a Contemporary School Setting||1|