Registration Services

Registration Services is here to assist students in a variety of ways. 


If you are not seeking a degree, and you wish to take a credit class or two, we can admit you to Missouri State University as a “nondegree-seeking undergraduate” or as a "nondegree-seeking graduate" student. There is no admission fee for the nondegree status. Generally, financial aid is not available. Use the Course Enrollment Form to provide us your information. 

Who might want to admit through Registration Services? Visiting students (degree-seeking at another institution), or students who already have a degree but just want to take a class, or students who just want to “test the waters” of college. Visiting students: check with your own college or university first to learn the necessary credit transfer process and find out which credits will be accepted.

Admitted students may register for credit classes through Registration Services. The Course Enrollment Form may be used if you do not wish to register yourself.

Please note: Before you may register you must obtain your advisor release if you are a:

  • degree-seeking undergraduate with fewer than 75 hours
  • graduate degree-seeking student
  • first-time transfer student
  • student on probation

For classes requiring prerequisite or permission or for restricted-level classes, you must contact the academic department (or in some cases, the instructor) and request approval in order to be able to register into that particular class.

We can assist you by processing your registration using this form; however, any prerequisite overrides, permissions, or other restrictions will need to be arranged by you with the academic department (or instructor) before we will be able to register you.

Changes to Your Schedule Following Registration

Your MyMissouriState account will allow you to drop or add classes. Or if you wish, you may, once your initial registration for the semester has been processed, call us at 1-877-678-2005 or locally in Springfield 417-836-4126 for help with dropping or adding a class.

You may also withdraw from the entire semester’s schedule of classes; however, remember that you must do so before the end of the first week of classes – if 16-week classes – or you will be charged for the class(es). Failure to attend a class does not automatically drop you from the class.

You will find the Course Enrollment Forms for different semesters on the web for download.