Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education • Nevada
- Pursue an AAT degree or equivalent coursework at Crowder College.
- View all Elementary Education Program Focus Options. If you are seeking Middle School certification, review the approved Crowder College content course options.
- Fulfill all lower-division prerequisites at Crowder College.
- Start this program at the beginning of any fall semester. It operates on a cohort model.
- Take the upper-level classes you need to complete a BS in Elementary Education via interactive television on the Crowder College campus.
- Complete this degree and be certified to teach grades 1-6 in any subject. Included middle school emphasis-area courses will also help prepare students who may with to seek middle school certification at a later time.
Meet with an MSU transfer advisor early in your college career to determine appropriate coursework to meet your academic goals.
Missouri State University
Course availability and prerequisites are subject to change. Check out the course rotations and consult with your advisor before scheduling your classes.
Fall Year 1
|EDC 345 Introduction to Multicultural Education and Diversity||3||ITV|
|MTH 320 Foundations of Mathematics for Teachers||3||ITV|
|RDG 318 Foundations of Literacy Instruction||3||ITV|
|SPE 310 Introduction to Special Education||3||ITV|
Spring Year 1
|MID 400 Philosophy, Curriculum, and Organization of Middle School Education||3||ITV|
|ELE 410 Teaching and Learning in the Elementary Classroom||3||ITV|
|MTH 360 Foundations of Geometry for Teachers||3||ITV|
|RDG 420 Methods of Assessing and Personalizing Reading and Writing||3||ITV|
|RDG 421 Practicum-Methods of Assessing and Personalizing Reading and Writing||2||ITV|
Summer Year 1
|GEOL 210 Earth Science for Teachers (Crowder course)|
Fall Year 2
|ELE 429 Methods of Teaching of Mathematics in Elementary Schools||3||ITV|
|ELE 434 Methods of Teaching Science in Elementary Schools||3||ITV|
|ELE 438 Methods of Teaching Social Studies in Elementary Schools||3||ITV|
|MID 439 Middle School Instructional Strategies||3||ITV|
|ELE 425 Methods of Teaching Communication Arts in Elementary Schools||2||ITV|
Spring Year 2
|ELE 500 Current Issues and Applications in Elementary Education||3-5||ITV|
|ELE 510 The Reflective Practitioner||3||ITV|
|ELE 501 Home/School/Community Relationships with Elementary Children and their Families||2||ITV|
|RDG 474 Reading and Writing in the Content Fields||3||ITV|
|ELE 530 Teaching English Language Learners in the Elementary Classroom||2||Online|
|EDT 520 Technologies in a Contemporary School Setting||1||Arranged|