Your University Accounts
Your M# and My Missouri State
Your M# is your unique student identification number at Missouri State University. The M# consists of the letter “M” followed by 8 digits. If you are a new student, your M# is assigned at the time you apply. When you are admitted you should receive your M# by U.S. mail within a few days of the admission date. If you are a returning student, you should learn your M# (if you do not already know it) at the time your admission action is completed. If you are a continuing student, you should already know your M# and have set up your computer accounts.
My Missouri State is the portal through which you’ll interact with University processes.
Setting up your My Missouri State account
- At www.missouristate.edu, click on the BearPass link to go to My Missouri State logon screen. Then click on Get An Account and follow steps 1-8 to create your Login ID and e-mail address.
- Any problems can be addressed by the Help Desk at (417) 836-5891. The Help Desk is located in Cheek Hall 150 if you wish to visit in person.
With a My Missouri State account you can:
- register for classes
- locate your current financial statement
- update your personal information
- retrieve your academic history
- view your grades
- order textbooks
- set up your email account – called Live@edu – which is the official email from Missouri State University; you will receive your monthly statement of fees through this account
- set up your personal Web and storage space
- set-up your dial-up access
- access Meyer Library online
- use your Blackboard account which allows you to access classroom assignments and other components of many classes via the web
Some tips to help you navigate your My Missouri State portal and be ready for classes!